In September 2019 six time triathlon World Championship and European Championship medalist Jonas Colting will cycle from North Macedonia to Sweden, 2500 kilometers with challenging terrain in support of the charity event Cycle4Europe.
– It’s my way to spotlight how vulnerable people are treated in nearby countries. It’s hard to turn away from their suffering, says Jonas Colting.
This autumn the Loza Foundation and the company BEWiSynbra arrange the charity event Cycle4Europe. In 17 days the participants will cycle parts of or all of 2500 kilometers through some of the poorest countries in Europe to raise money for the Loza Foundation’s aid projects in North Macedonia and other countries.
Jonas Colting, six time triathlon World Championship and European Championship medalist, writer, speaker and fitness coach, will ride all the way from the start in Skopje, North Macedonia, to Varberg on the Swedish west coast.
– This is a challenge with a worthy cause. To help raise money for the Loza Foundation, an organization that helps vulnerable people who live in inhuman conditions in Europe, is something I support wholeheartedly, says Jonas Colting.
This is not the first time that Jonas Colting combine spectacular physical feats with charity. He has swum from Gothenburg to Stockholm for Wateraid, round Phuket island in Thailand to raise awareness for ocean pollution and round Gotland for Swedish general health.
But to cycle from North Macedonia through the mountainous parts of Kosovo and Bosnia and all the way to Sweden is a new kind of challenge.
– The total distance is challenging. It’s tough to ride from southern Europe to Sweden in just two weeks. And it’s very mountainous, especially during the first week. Many of the stages have twice the climbing than some Tour de France-stages.
– The preparations are extensive, to scout the roads, know their conditions and find out where there’s fresh water, and so on. And I suspect that the weather will still be hot when we ride in early September.
Jonas Colting hopes that his participation in Cycle4Europe will make more people aware of the Loza Foundation’s work for the most vulnerable people in Europe – and that both companies and individuals will contribute to the fundraising that is essential for the foundation.
– This is how I contribute. And it’s going to be extremely interesting and exciting to get to know these parts of Europe. I know from experience how incredibly close you come to a country and its people from a bike, he says.
Jonas Colting’s support means a lot to the Loza Foundation.
– Jonas’ participation confirms how important our work is. More people need to learn about the conditions that many are forced to live in in Europe and realize that everybody must contribute to a socially sustainable future, says Sabina Grubbeson, founder of the Loza Foundation.
If you wish to participate in the event and support Cycle4Europe, please contact Sabina Grubbeson at +46 733 213 823, email@example.com for more information.